This is the first of our monthly updates and will provide an overview of the development and testing progress at Stratis.
Full Node Development
The Full Node has seen a vast amount of enhancements over the last month, primarily focusing on stability. The most notable developments can be found below.
- Substantial enhancements to bandwidth consumption
- Spamming and denial-of-service attack tolerance has been greatly improved
- Various improvements to combat syncing edge-case scenarios
- Node fault reporting improvements
- API can now be accessed on start-up
- Improvements to our unit and integration test suite (of over 2600 tests)
- Improved wallet balance reporting
- Various connectivity updates to the node’s API and RPC method implementations
With the recent announcement of the Cirrus Masternodes, development has primarily focused on stability and user experience. Highlights of the development can be found below.
- Improved testing of sidechain components
- Refactoring of federation withdrawals
- Re-design of leader selection functionality
- Integration of latest Proof-of-Authority design
Smart Contracts Development
Smart Contracts development has continued since the production release.
A highlight of the most recent items can be found below.
- Optimal repository structure defined
- Enhancements to Smart Contracts testing tool “MockChain” resulting in improved test stability
- Improved user-experience via API documentation and returned messages in HTTP responses
- Ability to verify contracts on a network
- Network parameter adjustments to account for upcoming Sidechain Masternodes joining the network
The experience of the team at Stratis has resulted in the development of a suite of internal testing tools to assist with the functional testing of our products. These tools enable Stratis to push our products outside of normal use-cases, instilling confidence in stability and responsiveness.
The Stratis Full Node has been extensively tested, utilizing the internally developed NetworkViewer.
The NetworkViewer constantly monitors all nodes via API and RPC calls, TCP dumps, log hooks and produces statistics and charts at a per node level.
This rigorous test process ensures nodes can perform all basic network operations i.e. IBD, synchronization, transaction propagation, mining, fork recovery, etc. In addition, the environment is subjected to adverse network conditions not typically experienced on the mainchain i.e. broadcasting large number of transactions, long multichain reorg, etc.
Cirrus Sidechain Masternodes Applications
An application form to register interest in operating a Masternode on the Cirrus Sidechain whilst continuing to earn staking rewards from the Stratis Mainchain was announced. More information regarding how you can register can be found below.
James DeGale Sponsorship
Stratis had the pleasure of sponsoring former Two-Time IBF World Super-Middleweight Champion, James DeGale in his highly anticipated bout with Chris Eubank Jr.
Stratis Brand Awareness
Our partner, MediConnect have received a significant amount of mainstream media attention with the announcement of their blockchain solution utilizing the Stratis Platform. This has seen Stratis mentioned in prime-time slots on TalkSport, the world’s biggest sports radio station and publications in major tabloids, including The Sun and The Mirror.
The MediConnect ICO Public Sale begun on the 20th February and will run through until 30th Sept.
You can register to take part in the MediConnect ICO using the below link.